Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Night Out

 It was time to shoot at night, and I was excited to see how the parking lots would look in the dark. We scouted out the best locations for our shots as a group, taking into consideration the lighting and backdrop. I quickly realized that filming at night required a different approach because Angie (who was filming) had to work with limited lighting sources. The harsh fluorescent lights in the Galleria mall parking lot created interesting contrasts and shadows that we incorporated into our shots. At least the other parking lot we were filming in was outside. I had to be careful not to disturb the shoppers while filming because it might have made them feel uncomfortable because we were filming late at night. It was difficult to navigate the parking lots in the dark, and I had to be wary of potential hazards. We experimented with various lighting setups and angles in order to capture the mood and atmosphere we desired for our short film. Despite the darkness, Angie was able to capture some stunning images that would not have been possible during the day. Filming at night added a sense of mystery and intrigue to the story we were attempting to tell. It was a fun and collaborative experience, and I tried my hardest to collaborate with everyone to make the best film possible. I had to rearrange our filming schedule to avoid the busiest times in the parking lots, as well as daylight saving time, which meant late nights or early mornings. The sound of passing cars in the distance added realism to our film that we could not have achieved otherwise. I had fun improvising with our lighting with Aleiah at times, using flashlights and other light sources to achieve the desired effect. To ensure that we were all on the same page, we needed to communicate clearly and effectively as a group, especially in the dark. The lack of distractions allowed me to focus entirely on our film, and we were able to make significant progress in a short period of time. My sister is used to filming at night, and she gave us advice on night filming, which helped us refine our shots and techniques. It was a memorable experience that taught me a lot about the technical and creative aspects of filmmaking. I was exhausted by the end of the night, but the sense of accomplishment and excitement about our film kept me going. It was satisfying to see the finished product after all of the hard work and effort that had gone into filming at night in those parking lots. I'm grateful for the opportunity. I'm appreciative that I had the chance to collaborate with such a brilliant and committed group of filmmakers, and I hope to have more occasions to do so in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

This is my critical reflection for my short film “In Pursuit” .  How do your products represent social groups or issues?    My products are ...