Thursday, March 16, 2023

Preparing Myself



After so much filming I wanted to review how I got myself ready to film over the course of the filming. Every time was pretty much similar but I believe it is an important aspect of making this short film possible. I started by repeatedly practicing my lines as I get ready to act in my short film. I concentrated on delivering my lines with the appropriate body language and feelings to make them seem genuine. I put on my outfit, which helps me get into character, after I felt secure with my lines. Each item in my clothing was carefully chosen to complement my character's personality and the overall feel of the movie. I opted for big, black attire. I sensed a change taking place as I put on my costume, and I became totally absorbed in the part. I feel gloomy, unsettling, and aggressive. I put on my costume and make my way to the group's vehicle in Angie's car as we begin our journey to the sets. Angie is so far the only one of us who has her driver license so that’s why she is always driving. Sadly, there was some bad traffic on the way almost each time, and I was always concerned that it could be too late to start filming now. I made an effort to maintain my composure and concentration despite the delay because I needed to be totally present for the shots. I mentally reviewed my lines as I was being driven, trying to maximize the time I had. I then took a few long, deep breaths to relax any tension or uneasiness I was experiencing. Because I could not in the car, I properly greeted everyone and caught up with my fellow group members in an effort to foster connection and be more personal with them as I had to spend hours with them on end. I warmed up my voice and body by stretching and practicing vocal exercises while we prepared to shoot. I went through my lines once more as well, feeling more assured and eager to begin. The videographer, Angie, offers Lili and I a few final instructions and reminders before we begin filming. To ensure that the shot went as smoothly as possible, I paid close attention, attempting to absorb every instruction and detail. As everything was prepared, we began filming, and I quickly assumed the role. I strive to make every syllable count as I deliver my lines with conviction and feeling. I also adjusted my posture because I appeared slouched in nearly every shot. As we shot take after take, making sure we got the greatest shots possible, the minutes flew incredibly rapidly. I always feel a sense of pride and accomplishment when we came to an end, knowing that I had given it everything and had helped make the film a success. This where I can truly see how important mis-en-scenes is to a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

This is my critical reflection for my short film “In Pursuit” .  How do your products represent social groups or issues?    My products are ...