Saturday, March 18, 2023

Film Reviewing

 After the final edits and going through my film I decided to check in with someone to make sure we are on the right path. Each group member asked different people. I want to take any constructive criticism into consideration for any truly final edits. So, I decided to ask my mother’s boss and dear friend, Heidi to review my film. I choose Heidi because as she does know me since by mom has worked for her for more than fifteen year, but she a very analytical person, she is technical, so I am sure she will be a wise person to take advice from. She is a CPA so her work must be without error all the time so she understands the demands of my ask. Interestingly enough, Heidi herself told me she took a film and media studies class in college once, so this ensures she will comprehend what to look for in the short film. I have asked her to be truthful and to get as much constructive criticism as possible because it helps. Prior to sending her the video I did explain the project and everything we had to have. I showed her some of the shot requirements and measure that we had to take. She gave positive comments and very specific constructive criticism which I appreciated. She began speaking of the transition and how they needed to be a little bit quicker for the jump cuts to be at a fast pace. Lili and Angie decided they would meet to fix those issues. She also enjoyed the awkwardness of the conversations, especially the one in the cat food aisle, where I as “Rachel” bump “Chloe” and spark a random conversation. She did mention that the sound was a little off the action parts of the film. I thought about the issue and it has an easy solution would just be using more of the middle sound for the beginning and pushing down the rest of the sound, our group had trouble agreeing on what to do here. As I’m new to the group sometimes I feel left out or just do not get the “memo” on stuff, but I understand. Sometimes I do like to do stuff on my own and then I ask them if it okay with them, like finding the music, but I’m trying to take a step back. Anyways, Heidi said that all the shots look very high-quality. I told her it was due to the settings that we had Angie film on with her iPhone, 4K and 60 fps. Overall with have a great film and only minor errors to fix. Heidi was a great choice for peer reviewing my film because she very analytical and well-informed on what to look for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

This is my critical reflection for my short film “In Pursuit” .  How do your products represent social groups or issues?    My products are ...